Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Surprise!

Much to our surprise, Deacon Joseph Monson decided to make his debut 3 1/2 weeks early. He weighed 5 lbs. 9 oz. and was 18 inches long. We were nervous that he might have some complications because he was so early, but he is perfectly healthy- besides being really little. I have to admit that I wasn't too terribly upset to miss the last month of pregnancy.

7 comments:

Diane said...

Congrats!!! Sweet little Deacon. Hope all are well.

Mary said...

Congrats!!! I'm glad to hear he's healthy! It's pretty nice to miss that last month :)

Stephanie said...

Congratulations! He is so cute. Hopefully you get energy back quick with three boys!

Loriann Jensen said...

Yay!!! I always knew you looked up to me but it's a little extreme to go for 3 boys just like me don't you think? Just kidding! Congratulations! Boys are fun. I find out in a couple weeks if we're gonna have a 4th boy or if we'll get that elusive girl. So glad everyone's healthy- I'm jealous 9 months is way too long.

chunkymonkey said...

Awwwwh! Too cute! And I love the big brother pictures--that Eli is looking all grown up next to Deacon and Carter holding the baby all by himself! Isn't the 40 weeks really just an "average" between full term's 36 and 42 weeks? The last week or so I have been wishing this little gal would decide she was done cooking, too.

Annalisa said...

i didn't even know you were expecting a 3rd baby, congrats!! Deacon is awesome. Your boys are great. smiles & recover quickly.

Melissa said...

I'm glad you and your new guy are doing well. My #2 came that early too, I was so shocked I didn't even go to the hospital for awhile because I had too much to do:) Hope you are all surviving!