Carter was so excited for his first soccer game. Nadia is on his team, and Nicole is his coach. He had his shirt and and cleats and shin-guards all ready to go. Unfortunately, he fell asleep on the way there. He is not an easy child to wake; by the time we got there, all he did was lay down in the middle of the field while the kids played around him. We took him off the field, and he seemed to be ready to play. He walked out in the middle of the game and just stood there and pouted. He didn't move at all. Can you hear us all yelling, "Go carter! GO!"
That was the entire game. But he sure looks cute...
We had high hopes for the next game. We talked and talked to him about how fun it would be to kick the ball and score a goal. It seemed to work. His second game he ran out on the field and jumped right in until another kid kicked the ball away from him. Then he stopped and pouted. Apparently we never explained that in soccer nobody shares, and it's ok to take things away from other people. Too bad that soccer contradicts everything we have been trying to teach him for four years. I guess we'll try again next week.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
Soccer
Posted by
Kelly and Mindy
at
3:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
That is hilarious! I LOVE the picture of him sleeping on the field. I bet Nicole was dying. Too cute.
That is so cute!
I don't wake up easily, either. But Carter makes it look cute.
carter is awesome! that kid makes me smile. reminds me of hari.
This was SO funny! Oh my gosh. He's such a Monson. The sleeping part, not the pouting part.
I think I could see Ethan being the same way. He does look very cute on the field.
Post a Comment