After moving into a house that still wasn't moved out of and was not in a livable condition, we escaped the chaos to southern Colorado for my annual family reunion.
The Reunion was over the 24th, so we attended the Pioneer Days celebration in a little town called Manassa, which was settled by Mormon pioneers. They had a parade that was a little weak, but they threw a lot of candy.We also got to ride a number of carnival rides; actually, they were the exact same rides we rode last year.
We also went to the Great Sand Dunes in Alamosa. I hadn't been there since I was a kid, and they were still as massive as I remember. The kids didn't really play on the dunes- they were too hot, but they had a great time playing in the mud and the stream.
Right before we left to go home, we went with my grandma to hike up to a beautiful waterfall near the cabin. The hike was a little tough near the end, but it was worth it.
Sunday, August 2, 2009
Family Reunion 2009
Posted by
Kelly and Mindy
at
2:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
wow, what a great waterfall. you'll have to email your new home address.
We had so much fun in the mud at the sand dunes when we were little too, looks like a blast! We REALLY need to get that girl's night going again!
You're kiddos are getting too big =)
I'm going to BYU Provo now, I wanna stop by and see you guys. I'm also tryin to convince Meliss to come here for fall break, we'll be seeing you!
Post a Comment